Warranty Certificate for Laminate Flooring
Produced by Stalheim Industries Sdn Bhd ( Malaysia)
Stalheim Industries is a pioneer in manufacturing of high quality melamine laminated
high-density fibreboard (HDF) flooring for commercial and residential usage. Stalheim
gives warranty for its laminate flooring for 25 years of heavy domestic and 5 years
of moderate commercial according to the recommended utility class (AC3). The warranty
is covering 3 aspects as below:
Fade Resistant* (Conforming to EN13329)
Stain Resistant (Conforming to EN438-2-15)
Wear Resistant (Confirming to EN13329)
The above warranty is only applicable under the following terms and conditions and
- Wear Resistant
For claims on surface wear-through, an area on the floor panel is considered
worn-through only if the worn-through area is more than 1 cm2 and the decorative
layer has been exhausted until the core material is visible. Claims for surface
wear-through are unacceptable if the surface wear-through occurs only around the
edges/joints of the panel. Gloss reduction is not surface wear through.
- Stain resistance
Stalheim Laminate Flooring will resist normal household stains on the decorative
- Fade resistance
Stalheim Laminate Flooring will resist fading from exposure to indirect sunlight
or normal artificial light conforming to EN13329 test method with exception of
- This warranty does not cover damages caused by the following situations:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse of the floor : e.g. surface damage caused by dropping/dragging
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Installation of product with visible manufacturing defects
- The floor was not installed according to the manufacturer's recommended instructions.
The installation instructions are located on the packaging
- The correct underlay and/or vapor barriers have not been used as required
for the subfloor in question.
- The floor was not maintained or used properly according to the recommended
usage or maintenance procedures, eg. floor cleaning with excessive water,
- Flooding caused by plumbing failures or natural causes.
- Fading caused by direct ultra violet radiation from direct sunlight exposure.
- If an expansion joint profile is not used on doorways between rooms or in area
greater than 12m in the direction of length of the individual flooring planks
& 7m on width direction or off set rooms.
- Floor is installed in saunas or bathrooms (areas prone to water exposure).
- Trapped water underneath the flooring panels or underlay.
- Office chairs must be fitted with soft wheels/castors or if nylon castors
are being used, use protective mats/rubber pads underneath the chair.
- Flooring panels used in places where the traffic exceeds the utility class
that is recommended.
- Surface defects that can only be seen from an angle source of light.